War Master

http://ironclan.forumo.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Favourite factions for campaign

Post by Scippy on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:09 am

Hi

My favourite are

1.Pontus:

Probably the 2nd strongest skirmish faction after Egypt, with the 2nd strongest chariot in the game and decent pikes. Good light cavalry too. Only weakness is the chariots have the tendency to run amok easily from arrow fire or after any melee engagement

2. Armenia

Cataphracts+pikes+HA. Need I say more? :p  Great skirmish Fac. I just wished they had a stronger infantry section

3. Carthage

No doubt about it. Sacred Bands are the 2nd strongest infantry after urbans in the game for 15k. (Spartans are rare in 15k) Poeni Infantry provide great support for Infantry. Light Cavalry are probably the strongest after maidens. Only downside is that their missile force is weak.
Scippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:42 am

well for campaigns i can say had few interesting campaigns...

was interesting one i played with scythia where i conquered lands of medieval russland and created there live civilisation from those smal villages and waited till i started to produce horse archers on massive scales...this was my top armie till i didnt started to producescythian noble archers...was easy to win everyone but i must admit i had few problem with greeks and their hoplite spam...but anyway was stronger ha spam than hoplite spam...i almost even didnt prodused maidens...only those heavy ha...i finished campaign very quickly...campaign i played on very hard ofc...

my greek campaign was very interesting to me...i left sicily imediatly for fight to the cathage and rome and focused on defeating macedon and taking control of balcan...i took rhodes fast too...so i had 2 wonders in start of campaign...economy progressed fast...than i focused on taking 2 wonders in asia minor and when i get them i become master of economy...i dictated wars cause my borders were safe everywhere...i had hard fight with rome but finaly when took italy i decided to fortify my borders and regroup till create new armies...my borders were italy, balkan danube border, entire asia minor and all islands in mediteranian...i was so strong and had so money that already in that moment i was strong in overal results as all others...i remember that my major oponent was britons...i played this campagn on very hard...

with seleucid empire i had one of the hardest campaign ever played in rtw...i must say its very hard to play with seleucids on begining cause you are in senwich of great power which will attack you from begining all together...when oyu dominate them and master asia minor and midle east and perheps egypt, rome will be till than so strong that you will no need to fight any other faction except them...cause they will conquer entire west meanwhile...you will have luck if in any case starts civil war but in my campaign it never ocured...after this starts long and bloody war with rome which will last for decades...i remember they once brought armie with 3 family members with perfect traits, 3 pret cav in gold, 4 in gold urbans with some silver experience, bunch of old troops(principes, triarii) totaly in gold and some velites i think...similar armies are repeating while you are slowly moving toward each city to conquer...i must admit i also did mistake by creating for city keeprs militia hoplites...that was huge mistake cause they are plus more expensive plus have lesser number in unit...and this campaign was on very hard ofc...

i played more with britons, germans twice i think, 2 times with red rome, once with blue rome, i cant remember about green rome, 2 times with carthage i think, with parthia, once more with sele and finally now with thrace...maybe i played few times more with repeating factions i cant remember...

about favourite factions for playing campaign...dont know...well let there be factions with perfect all round armies...rome where i like to combine pret cav with urbans, arch auxilia and scorpions...and seleucids where i like to combine catas, chars, elephants, legionars and archers...i would like also to play with egy next campaign...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:54 am

here are some events about my thracian campaign...
i allied with scythia and dacia so i can take rebel settlements and wage war against macedon...so i started but both sllies stubed me dager in back and attacked me together so needed to wage war on 3 diferent sides...was very hard but when i took balkan i could release some troops to fight for barbarian lands...but than sudenly rome attacked me...was very hard to fight them...but somehow i menaged to chase them away to italy even i menaged to get some troops on italian soil...meanwhile i took almost entire russland and good parth of germany...i started to produce bastarnae that moment but the game started to crash so i stoped playing that campaign...my standard armie in the begining looked like militia cav falxmen and peltasts :pirat: ...than i started to combine them all with phalanxes and archers instead of peltasts...but i am really sorry cause i didnt used bastarnae there...bylazora was my capital cause are in the midle of the entire map...
here are some screens from that campaign which i played on very hard...

Last edited by marko-earth on Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator on Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:30 pm

I also have a Briton campaign I will post it soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cezar on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:42 am

I conquered whole map with Carthage.

Cezar

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:47 am

Great , I have conquered the whole map with Julli (Romans)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:50 am

i usually coquer whole map if game dont crashes... :twisted: ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:03 am

LOL.....with how many factions have u done that ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:06 am

with all i wrote up i played ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:08 am

And you say I have time ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:57 am

Here's my BRITON campaign and i am still playing it

Back to top Go down

Post by Scippy on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:28 am

I like:

1. Brutii- Considering they expand eastwards into Greece and Macedon, they earn a shit load of money as greece's and macedon's settlements are rich Also, they go against Asia Minor (Pontus, Parthia, Egypt, Armenia, Sele) which is also quite challenging.

2. Scipii- No doubt. Their navy is the strongest in the game. They are the only faction that can build a ship stronger than quindereme or whatever its called :p plus, its a challenging faction to play as you expand into Carth and Egypt, while you could also expand into Numidia and North into spain to prevent Julii advance.

3. Seleucids- Starting is extremely rough, but fun (Surrounded by Egypt, Parthia, Pontus, Armenia) and only starting units they have are hoplites and jav cav. But by late game, they become one of the most powerful and deadly factions in the entire campaign. Nearly unbeatable in late game.

4. Carthage- Like Sele, starting is rough, (All of Rome wants a piece of you plus, you also have to watch out for Egypt) but becomes an extremely strong powerhouse late game One of the best economic powerhouses in the game.

5. Gaul- Rough start as well. But its really easy to supply reinforcements as settlements are in close proximity to each other. Spain, Germania, Brits and Rome will all want you dead But ah, what's the fun if there's no challenge? :p Plus, you can get Forester Warbands pretty quickly, and while not the best in Multiplayer, they actually work wonders against the AI, as they rarely bring Cretan archers or archer aux. The only archer comparable to them is pharoh's bowmen, but you don't have to expand into Egypt to get your 50 settlements
Scippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cezar on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:17 am

I like Brutii, cause they can expand everywhere really easy. I started a campain as Brutii a month ago and conquered Greece, Dacia, Cisalpine Gaul, Carthage pretty quickly.

Cezar

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator on Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:20 am

Brutti has everything except ships

1)It gets the money from capturing Greece

2)You are never in an hostile area like Sele

3)You can make the "Imperial Palace" pretty fast

Back to top Go down

Post by Clive on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:48 pm

O well.Campaign is stupid as shit.AI is really dumb.I only played as Juli and saw how AI is dumb i gave up campaing forever.Did try some mods but still stupid AI.
Clive
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:51 am

You should try Gaul and then say "stupid"

It's pretty tough

Back to top Go down

Post by Scippy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:23 am

lol Gaul is fun For me, the toughest is definitely Spain/Numidia In the beginning, you are losing money constantly, plus your units are extremely weak. Very hard to play with them, especially if you are playing on the harder difficulties..
Scippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:32 am

You guys should use Parthia too

I tried it and the horse archers can damage any infantry/cavalry That's how I win xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Scippy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:00 am

They are 2 of the most boring facs in the campaign.. (Along with Scythia) as they basically spam HA...
Scippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:37 am

aye...boring fr opponents

Back to top Go down

Post by Scippy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:25 am

Which the opponent is basically a stupid and a emotionless Intelligence.... I won't deny that they are difficult factions, but those factions, along with Numidia and Spain were not enjoyable for me to play..
Scippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:27 am

"Emotionless" xD LMAO

Bloody AI troller xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Clive on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Does not matter what faction one uses vs AI.He is just dumb.And I played on very hard/very hard.Thing is you just take cav spam and archer spam and crush anything even greks.I would play campaign vs a real player.That would be fun as hell cause a real person thinks not like the AI who does the same thing always.
Clive
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperator on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:52 am

Then we can play RTW2

CO-OP campaign or 1vs1 campaign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content